This is a great way of recording all incoming/outgoing calls from the webpage especially if you are stuck identifying a rogue ad or are having trouble using inspect element. Please record a Har file and send it into Switch to identify and block the offending advert. To record a Har file following details how to do so:
You can record your HTTP session using the Network tab in the Developer Tools in Chrome.
- Open the Developer Tools from the menu (Menu > Tools > developer tools), or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C on your keyboard
- Click on the Network tab
- Look for a round button at the top left of the Network tab. Make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log.
- You can use the clear button (a circle with a diagonal line through it) right before trying to reproduce the issue to remove unnecessary header information
- Save the capture by right-clicking on the grid and choosing "Save as HAR with Content"
If you would like to try to identify the banner yourself before sending over to Switch to investigate further , you can do so by navigating to: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/har_analyzer/ . Once you have uploaded your freshly recorded har file, a list will display with all external 3rd party calls from your webpage. We only want to identify against the Switch and primarily against http://delivery.x.switchadhub.com/adserver/www/delivery/lg.php this is Switch confirmation a creative has rendered and an impression has been delivered. Within this we can see the zone id, followed by the campaign and banner ids, searching against the campaign id within the Switch UI will then give you the offender who is serving the creative.